While attending the GACTE conference this summer, there was a number of questions about what people are using to create their screencast. I thought I’d share some of my favorites applications / software:
- Camtasia is my personal favorite
- Watered down / free version called CamStudio
- Screencastify (This is awesome if you are creating screencasts from a chromebook)
- Adobe Captivate
Quick question for all you app developers out there….. what languages, programs, tools, etc do you use to write Apps? What would you say would be “industry standard”?
For those of you who are traveling over the holiday season – U.S. State Dept. to change #passport policy http://bit.ly/1T8dhAS
I just returned from the GaETC conference and I started thinking about all of the amazing things happening in education. Long are the days of the teacher standing in the front of the classroom and lecturing all week only to have a test on Fridays! Check out these amazing things we are doing in the classroom nowadays:
- Pear Deck – Gain student engagement through interactive presentations. The students can answer questions through your PPT type presentation and results can be displayed on the board and saved.
- LinoIt – Sticky notes galore! Have students answer questions by adding a Post-It to your corkboard.
- EDpuzzle – site that allows users to select a video (YouTube, Uploaded, etc…) and customize it by editing, cropping, recording audio, and adding questions to make an engaging presentation or lesson. You can track who did/didn’t watch the video or answer your questions, the progress of students, and so much more. It’s completely FREE!
- IF (formally known as IFTTT) – set up some recipes for success and productivity with the use of IFTTT.
- SMALL Learning Labs – This might be the basis for the classroom of the future. Imagine walking into an empty room that becomes whatever learning environment you want it to be!
- iAuditor – Originally created to assess safety on the worksite, iAuditor can be utilized in education by teachers to assess students or by administration to complete walk through observations quickly and easily. The best part is when the observation is complete, iAuditor will email a document to the student or teacher who was observed with the results.
- Quizizz – Quizizz is a free multiplayer quiz game for the classroom, similar to Kahoot, but the questions and answer options show up on participant’s device instead of on the teacher’s LCD projector screen.
- Google Tone – turns on your computer’s microphone (while the extension is on) and uses your computer’s speakers to exchange URLs with nearby computers connected to the Internet. You can use Google Tone to send the URL for any web page, including news stories, pictures, documents, blog posts, products, YouTube videos, recipes—even search results.
- eMaze – the next generation of online presentation software. Simply select any of our professionally designed free presentation templates to easily create an amazing visual experience for your audience. emaze features a proprietary state of the art HTML5 presentation maker that will create the slideshows,video presentations and even 3D presentations that you always dreamed of. (sample)
“Artists are allowed to be a little bit weird. People expect it. Don’t let them down!” -Bob Ross
Session Title: Google Apps, Add-ons & Extensions (& other websites) from AP to IEP
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2015
Time: 1:30 PM – 2:25 PM
Room: Marriott Salon A-B
Description: Share and explore some of the amazing Google Apps, app-ons, and extensions (and other websites) that will aid not only you but your students in productivity and professionalism. Differentiate assignments and lessons by providing tools that connect with their learning styles.
Note: To view my speaker notes, click on the gear icon above and click “open speaker notes”
As you are aware, last summer I was awarded by Adobe as an Adobe Education Leader. I’m excited to announce that I received word from Adobe a few days ago announcing that I had been awarded Adobe Certifed Instructor status for Adobe Illustrator CS5, CS6, and CC!