Next time you are presenting to a class or group try to move from behind the desk in order to make your presentation more dynamic. My technology solution to this is easy and cheap. For the past couple of years I’ve utilised a Bluetooth keyboard & mouse.
is the USB Wireless Keyboard / Mouse that I have that I use in my room. It is nice because I put it on a cart and move it around the room. I actually have 2 of them. One at my desk and the other on the rolling cart 🙂 Best part is that it is only $14.99 !!!!!!
As you know, when creating a calendar event you can add required guests but did you know that you can define each guest as either being required or optional?
Step 1: Add your guests to an event
Step 2: Click on the silhouette of the person icon next to their name. The figure will turn white to indicate that their participation in this event is optional. You can also use this to keep someone in the loop of a meeting as an FYI.
While attending the GACTE conference this summer, there was a number of questions about what people are using to create their screencast. I thought I’d share some of my favorites applications / software:
- Camtasia is my personal favorite
- Watered down / free version called CamStudio
- Screencastify (This is awesome if you are creating screencasts from a chromebook)
- Adobe Captivate
Quick question for all you app developers out there….. what languages, programs, tools, etc do you use to write Apps? What would you say would be “industry standard”?
For those of you who are traveling over the holiday season – U.S. State Dept. to change #passport policy http://bit.ly/1T8dhAS
I just returned from the GaETC conference and I started thinking about all of the amazing things happening in education. Long are the days of the teacher standing in the front of the classroom and lecturing all week only to have a test on Fridays! Check out these amazing things we are doing in the classroom nowadays:
- Pear Deck – Gain student engagement through interactive presentations. The students can answer questions through your PPT type presentation and results can be displayed on the board and saved.
- LinoIt – Sticky notes galore! Have students answer questions by adding a Post-It to your corkboard.
- EDpuzzle – site that allows users to select a video (YouTube, Uploaded, etc…) and customize it by editing, cropping, recording audio, and adding questions to make an engaging presentation or lesson. You can track who did/didn’t watch the video or answer your questions, the progress of students, and so much more. It’s completely FREE!
- IF (formally known as IFTTT) – set up some recipes for success and productivity with the use of IFTTT.
- SMALL Learning Labs – This might be the basis for the classroom of the future. Imagine walking into an empty room that becomes whatever learning environment you want it to be!
- iAuditor – Originally created to assess safety on the worksite, iAuditor can be utilized in education by teachers to assess students or by administration to complete walk through observations quickly and easily. The best part is when the observation is complete, iAuditor will email a document to the student or teacher who was observed with the results.
- Quizizz – Quizizz is a free multiplayer quiz game for the classroom, similar to Kahoot, but the questions and answer options show up on participant’s device instead of on the teacher’s LCD projector screen.
- Google Tone – turns on your computer’s microphone (while the extension is on) and uses your computer’s speakers to exchange URLs with nearby computers connected to the Internet. You can use Google Tone to send the URL for any web page, including news stories, pictures, documents, blog posts, products, YouTube videos, recipes—even search results.
- eMaze – the next generation of online presentation software. Simply select any of our professionally designed free presentation templates to easily create an amazing visual experience for your audience. emaze features a proprietary state of the art HTML5 presentation maker that will create the slideshows,video presentations and even 3D presentations that you always dreamed of. (sample)
“Artists are allowed to be a little bit weird. People expect it. Don’t let them down!” -Bob Ross