I just returned from the GaETC conference and I started thinking about all of the amazing things happening in education. Long are the days of the teacher standing in the front of the classroom and lecturing all week only to have a test on Fridays! Check out these amazing things we are doing in the classroom nowadays:
- Pear Deck – Gain student engagement through interactive presentations. The students can answer questions through your PPT type presentation and results can be displayed on the board and saved.
- LinoIt – Sticky notes galore! Have students answer questions by adding a Post-It to your corkboard.
- EDpuzzle – site that allows users to select a video (YouTube, Uploaded, etc…) and customize it by editing, cropping, recording audio, and adding questions to make an engaging presentation or lesson. You can track who did/didn’t watch the video or answer your questions, the progress of students, and so much more. It’s completely FREE!
- IF (formally known as IFTTT) – set up some recipes for success and productivity with the use of IFTTT.
- SMALL Learning Labs – This might be the basis for the classroom of the future. Imagine walking into an empty room that becomes whatever learning environment you want it to be!
- iAuditor – Originally created to assess safety on the worksite, iAuditor can be utilized in education by teachers to assess students or by administration to complete walk through observations quickly and easily. The best part is when the observation is complete, iAuditor will email a document to the student or teacher who was observed with the results.
- Quizizz – Quizizz is a free multiplayer quiz game for the classroom, similar to Kahoot, but the questions and answer options show up on participant’s device instead of on the teacher’s LCD projector screen.
- Google Tone – turns on your computer’s microphone (while the extension is on) and uses your computer’s speakers to exchange URLs with nearby computers connected to the Internet. You can use Google Tone to send the URL for any web page, including news stories, pictures, documents, blog posts, products, YouTube videos, recipes—even search results.
- eMaze – the next generation of online presentation software. Simply select any of our professionally designed free presentation templates to easily create an amazing visual experience for your audience. emaze features a proprietary state of the art HTML5 presentation maker that will create the slideshows,video presentations and even 3D presentations that you always dreamed of. (sample)